WHEN THE SUN GOES DOWN THE MOVIE ANIMAL AWAKES

Saturday 28 February 2015

Farewell, Mr Spock



Leonard Nimoy was present in my life since... well, probably since ever. Although in my environment Star Wars were far more popular than Star Trek, I remember Spock looking at me from tv screen and shop windows in times of my earliest childhood. Back then he was just a weird-looking man, who knew how much important for me he will grow to be?


I didn't grow up surrounded by geek culture, but then the era of internet came and turned my life upside down, and in the first row of the storm was standing Mr Spock, making me curious about space, time travel, aliens and simply other cultures, pushing me to think that the way our minds work, the way we were brought up, the way we react can be so completely different and hard, if not impossible to understand, and yet, giving hope, that nevertheless we can live together, ha! even be friends to each other. 


It is impossible to speak about Leonard Nimoy without thinking about the Volcan, he deserves all credit for creating character so original and real. He didn't just play Spock, he was Spock and still is. No other actor seemed believable in role of Volcan, no wonder Nimoy conquered hearts of fans, along with Star Trek creating one of the most important fanbases in the history with full offer of fanarts, fanfictions, ships and conventions, being a cradle for the ones existing nowadays. Adding that Leonard Nimoy never dissociated himself from the role and mass of fans, although he played in numerous other significant productions (Bonanza, Mission: Impossible, voice of Galavatron, then Prime in Transformers, Fringe, The Simpsons and many other smaller or bigger tv series, plus he directed 3 Men and a Baby, Star Trek III and my beloved, completely wacky Star Trek IV)
and always is mentions as a decent and charismatic man, no one can be surprised that he became a favourite of the internet, and a honorary grandfather to many.




I have to admit, that watching people paying tribute to Leonard Nimoy, to see how many had he touched, makes me feel warm inside. My younger sister makes Vulcan salute instead waving her hand for goodbye and I know that the legacy will be continued and he will be remembered.



Thank you Mr Nimoy. For everything, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment